Monday, January 14, 2013

Ostlers Without Worries,


Today was the day that Burger King saved my life. The tastiness of their fast food averted potential despair yet I did not sample it, I never have and likely never will. I do my best to eat healthily, I would not say that I have a good diet; it is precariously balanced and I know what I have to consume to keep feeling well and I know what will make me ill. One burger would tip the balance and, thankfully, today that burger was eaten by someone else.

It snowed intermittently today, accumulating to a couple of inches deep. In clearing the road, someone had built an embankment of snow, parallel to my car, that I had to drive over to leave the car park. As I descended the ramp onto the main road, I applied the brakes but entered into a skate. I began sliding slowly onto the road and panicked when I saw two cars approaching. I panicked only for a brief second because I quickly resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have a minor bump with one of these cars. Then, I was saved as they both turned into Burger King. Pumping the brakes, I managed to stop just past the line.

My brakes seemed in good working order a few moments later, I think I had somehow picked up a block of compacted snow when I crossed the built up snow around my parking space and it forced my brakes to lock. I speculate, of course, as I know little about brakes. Tomorrow will be another day of terror on the roads as motorists tackle the snow that has frozen over their freeways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter