Monday, March 02, 2009

Underworld Sitters Bearing the Brunt of Patience,

On and on and on it goes, the world, it just keeps spinning, ‘til I’m dizzy, time to breathe, so close my eyes and start again anew

I don’t know where Willy Mason is but this chorus may forever be his finest moment to my ears. The human body can achieve wonderful things when pushed to its limits, I wonder if I will really ever have to do so; if I want to win the marathon at the London Village 2012 Olympic Games, I would have to: the running part would be simple, enduring England would be harder, I’d have to leave half way through this article to acclimatise.

I may have just gone through the hardest type of work I can in my role, my life was reduced to work and sleep on a 2:1 ratio. I was excommunicated from the calendar. The graveyard shifts went on until my eyes began to fail.

Other people will have life much tougher and work harder than I did, but in some way, it’s reassuring to know that I can bear such workloads. I used to be irked by oranges (satsumas or minneolas) that yielded too many seeds, now I’m just grateful that they can and I enjoy them regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter