Sunday, May 02, 2010

Moilers and the Privities of Equilibrium,

I’ll just wait here, at the junction, for this car to pass. It’s gone. There’s another one, I’ll just wait for it to pass. It’s gone. There’s another, I’m in no rush, I’ll wait. Quite happily, I wait, then I become aware of time and I think I must have been there for ages, but all the while, I was content.



I’ve started a job. For me, 8 hours is just that. As a stewdent, I was used to working close to 0800 hrs to 2000 hrs then retiring to do more work at home. I once put in an 18 hour shift. The novelty of working these ‘short’ shifts may wear off and I will become as bitter as the rest of the world’s workforce. I am never quite sure of how things are going. We were told that our training schedule would be taken slowly. Sometimes I have nothing to do, at this point, I worry that I look lazy. I like to be kept busy and I like to help. They were cleaning and I offered to clean but I was told it wasn’t my mess and I was given another job to do. In doing this other job, I felt in the way of their mass clean-up.



The look on my face hardly ever says what I am thinking. People can only judge a face and I can only change that assessment by actions and words. Then there’s my humour, which should probably be kept in reserve.



Routine is a major part of being able to cope with work. Whilst I have everything prepared and am sitting watching the news with a cup of tea, others are thrashing about. Once, there were no apples left, so I substituted a toffee crisp into my lunchbox.



I saw the mobile library drive past. On the dashboard was a copy of The Sun. I’m quite certain this is an offence and the driver should be dismissed.



Friday was a warm day and this appeared to generate some fabulous storm clouds ahead of a front moving in through the evening. I captured some low-quality shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter