Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Bolts on Dolorous Days,

The other day I reached for my Steve Pac-a-mac 'Bad Day' song. Sometimes, I feel guilty about listening to my 'Good Day' song if it's not a been a good day; this is a hazard of living life by the teachings of quality music radio. I could live life by the ways of Just a Minute, however, I deviate.


Steve Lurpak on 6music has a feature whereby lisheners nominate two songs, one appropriate for a good day and one a bad day. The 'Good Day' is generally the lishener's favourite song, however, there are two ways to choose a 'Bad Day' song: the song may be morose and aid wallowing or the song may be joyous and help to uplift.


My 'Good Day' is Seven Seas by Echo and the Bunnymen. It's not my favourite song ever but the lyric 'Seven seas, swimming them so well' makes it a simple choice for me.


My 'Bad Day' is I Don't Know Where to Begin by Pictish Trail. As an album track, it's a little harder to track down for free but it's not beyond the typical surfer. A bad day, by my definition, consists of a series of needless incidents resulting in hopeless woes. The other day a collection of calamities made me sick with embarassment. The title of the song said it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter