Sunday, August 20, 2006

Safest Parkers in Town,

They put me, as winner of some Indian Summer Festival tickets, on the radio, for a few words at least, during yesterday’s Rocket Science as hosted by Rob Hughes.

The weather yesterday was smashing, after the rain that battered the early hours of the morning had departed, we were left with blistering sunshine. I headed to the garden with a book and my digital radio to pass the time until the East Fife match. After a few hours, I heard that Rob Hughes was going to be launching a ticket giveaway for Indian Summer.

There have been so many music festivals this summer with identikit line-ups but Indian Summer seems quite different – it has the big names but not the same ones that have been doing the rounds over the summer and it is also utilising the best local bands - and I was tempted to buy tickets for it anyway.

I rushed inside with my radio and waited for the question. I sent off an emither with the answer before the question was completed and a few minutes later I received a phone call telling me that I had won and that I would be on air after XTC, who are great. I was told to make sure my radio was off, I dashed for the blaring radio but I felt I might not get there before the end of the record so I ran outside. By this time a breeze had whipped up, and during my short conversation with stand-in DJ Hughes, the lisheners must have thought I was on a line from the top of Ben Nevis, I wondered myself if I would be lost. Thankfully, Rob kept the conversation short and got rid of me swiftly, I didn’t sound too bad. I thought I might listen back and sound like some galoot, in fact, I reckon I have a good voice, I can’t see why I annoy everyone so much – it’s a voice fit for radio, perhaps someone will give me my own show where I can play Sufjan Stevens records non-stop soon.

East Fife won 2-1 against Arbroath; it was a typical Third Division encounter with the most delightful 10-man scramash occurring right in front of the stand midway through the second half – worth the entrance fee on its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter