Thursday, March 22, 2007

Scribblers of Dreams Upon Apples,

Learning is fun. I enjoy trying to know everything about everything that concerns me, the best way to achieve this is by complete indifference to the things that don’t concern me. I can’t grasp the fact that so many people do so many things half-heartedly.

I may not be interesting to some people but if that was the case, it’s because they are not interested in the things that I’m interested in. A problem would arise if I wasn’t interesting because I wasn’t interested in anything. Too many people remain interested in nothing or they guddle in the river for a short while but never buy a fishing rod. They will be grey forever and people will never identify them with anything, they can end up in a life of crime after bouts of tension, in-fighting and drugs.

There are so many causes to be devoted to: trees, the sky, communism, the sea, cars, recycling, horses, smoking, Bob Dylan, Forfar Athletic, bridges, The Matterhorn, Annie Proulx, tea and castles.

I listened to many talks today, they were by stewdents, experienced academics and industrial chemists, and it was an amusing and relaxing day. I also received news that I had succeeded in passing a test on a subject that I have great difficulty with, the test wouldn’t be hard for someone who understands the field but I don’t. I did devote a relatively great deal of time to forming a half-baked knowledge of the material. It shouldn’t have been enough but it was. The moral of the story is that commitment and effort is the key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter