Monday, March 05, 2007

Dilatory Lavishers of Praise,

Apparently I won some tickets to a gig. I did put my name forward but of whether there was an actual competition, I’m unsure. However I did expect to win.

The gig was My Latest Novel being supported by Duglas T. Stewart and Saint Jude’s Infirmary at the Bongo Club, Embra. It was part of a series of acoustic music events to promote a new lager. As much as I love Saint Jude’s Infirmary, I timed arrival such that we would arrive in time for My Latest Novel and we did.

The band were excellent during their short set, I knew this would be the case. It could be argued that they took a short while to settle in but perhaps it was I that was struggling to settle in. It was meant to be an acoustic gig, it wasn’t, however, the Bongo Club was set up with tables and chairs back from the stage and a wide gap between the band and the audience for a cameraman to scuttle back and forth recording the gig. It made the atmosphere a little weird. There was a broken guitar string and also the some of the silly sound level problems too. The conditions weren’t ideal.

As always, I gazed on in awe at how they achieved their wonderful compositions. Two new songs featured. I can’t remember their names but they were excellent and one of them might even rival The Reputation of Ross Francis as a new show-stopper.

It was short, it was about some new lager, but we received more than we had paid for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter