Thursday, March 29, 2007

Those of the Heavy Heart Brigade,

There’s a lot of big news a’breakin which is why it’s nice to remember the heart-warming moments of the day.

An elderly gentleman berated his wife, “You might have given me better warning, it’s no good telling me after I’ve stepped in it.”

Actually, the Scottish Parliament broke up today ahead of the forthcoming national and local elections. There are so many issues and so many different parties and independent candidates. There’s a local independent councillor running for re-election who I think I’ll be voting for, he has taken a brave stance against the local miscreants guilty of anti-social behaviour and as a result, his house, car and family have been targets of abuse and vandalism.

A local bar is putting forward a candidate, he is campaigning on a single issue, his (and his customers’) desire to revoke the smoking ban. I’m quite ashamed of this, it makes the town seem like it’s living in the Dark Ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter