Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adminstrative Managers of Supervisory Cranes,

Winter kept me in bed too long again today but I hauled myself into the office for 0900 hrs, shortly after I made a significant breakthrough in my understanding of my recent results, however, now that I can interpret them quite well, it’s too easy and I become bored with the actual application of my theory. These are the pitfalls of nanopot research.

I was not hungry so I passed up on lunch but I eventually succumbed to the need for a break from those nanopots thus I visited Dundee. There were three CDs that I wished to buy, between the ogres of HMV and Zavvi, I managed to buy one of them, Birds by North Sea Radio Orchestra. I have quite a longing for some orchestral music at the minute and rather than dwelling on the recordings of the John Barry Orchestra (and I hate James Bond), I opted for NSRO after enjoying what Gideon Coe has played and their recordings on MyArse. Zavvi was hopeless, HMV was a nightmare – it was so loud, I was blasted with Illers, Stereoffoniks and Leona Louse. The man at the counter was actually interested in my choice, but it was too loud and busy to indulge in a discussion about the North Sea Radio Orchestra, such was my rush to leave, I left him with the impression that I was a man who bought random CDs.

On return to the office, I was confronted with my favourite shouting colleague. Although he is trying to help me, I’d rather have no assistance than assistance at volume. Sometimes, I think that once I’ve nothing else to eat, it’s time to go home and some days, I just don’t feel comfortable there. This was one of those days and I left for the home office at 1630 hrs.

I broke for toast, bacon and MASH. Marc Riley has 65daysofstatic in the studio and they played Radio Protector, one of my favourite records, I’d even go as far as saying it was the Single of the Year in whatever year it was released.

I played football in the late evening. I was super-fit a few months ago and it is difficult to cope with not being as fit now so it always heartens me when I feel that I’m close to what I used to be. Tonight was not the type of game that would ever help me return to full fitness. I was slightly hoping to be asked to play an extra game earlier in the day but I was left on the sidelines, I’ve probably been excommunicated from that squad for 'commanding the game'. I’ll have to think of something else to aid health and fitness, it’s been so long since I’ve needed a bottle of Lucozade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter