Thursday, March 12, 2009

Proles Pouting Their Paranormal Potential,

One member of The Bellyaches massive questioned the motivation or the use of the new feature (the conceived biographies), apparently, I am pulling together information that already exists, however, the very fact that I have chosen to should be seen as a commendation of the person in question. We are nothing without people, but people are bandits and intolerable, thus we turn to science and the arts, but they are nothing without people, remarkable people.

If Andrew Collins had never written about Kurt Vonnegut, my life would be less rich. I am enjoying the new Fanfarlo album, Reservoir, they, too, have been enlightened by Vonnegut and that’s more reason to like them. Fanfarlo have written a wonderful song called Harold T. Wilkins or How to Wait for a Very Long Time. I looked up Harold T. Wilkins on this basis; I can only hope to entice people to learn more by composing my new series.

Fanfarlo are fantastic, it’s simple to compare the vocals to those of Talking David Byrne Head or Clap Your Alec Say Ounsworth Yeah or the mini-orchestra compositions to the likes of The Arcade Fire but none of these are as special, Fanfarlo are what pop should be. The musicianship and the ability to arrange numerous instruments (violins, trumpet, mandolin and many more) in these pop symphonies are what should earn acclaim from the mainstream. I’m sure many people have written articles about Fanfarlo but it won’t be enough to crack the thick skulls of those who are routinely served drivel and routinely lap it up.

Marc Riley on 6th Music has lauded the band for a few years now and his favourite tune on Reservoir seems to be Fire Escape, one of the singles, but for me, the standout tune is the other single, the aforementioned Harold T. Wilkins....The Vonnegut-style title is another endearing touch. If Marc Riley did one thing wrong when he had Fanfarlo in session, it was his failure to conduct an show-length discussion of Kurt Vonnegut, they could have continued over onto Radio 5Live to let Gideon Coe have the 6th Music airwaves whilst doing the world a favour by ousting the Twitter twit Bacon. I love the story or what might be the myth of Harold T. Wilkins, he seems a fascinating person. If I were to let that sighting of a weather balloon affect me in such a way, I could be the Kingdom of Fife’s Harold T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter