Monday, October 26, 2009

Grapplers Missing Picture Winters,

Roll up your sleeves for winter!

People of words and little importance seem to have a great effect on how days unfold. The ability to be accommodating is dying out. Driving is periods of boredom when I mull over the events that piled up on me like the larch needles on the road.

I had to photocopy a form for one of the office staff, normally, she’d do it but I guess I had disturbed her from more pressing work so I headed along to the photocopier and was the victim of a paper jam. Rather than try to dismantle a photocopier, I popped into the main office next door and asked the only secretary there if she could help me, and this is what made me cranky, they huffed and puffed her way through with me to the photocopier, apologetically and in a self-deprecating way I said to my reluctant photocopy saviour, ‘And I’m meant to be the scientist…’, but she grunted, ‘Well, I’m not a scientist.’, so I stood in awkward silence whilst she tore. She was cranky but there was no need to be contagious.

I’m the king of improvisation and my protégé is learning this slowly but his brand of makeshift lacks belief. His pessimism and feeling of hopelessness makes my patience feel improper and obscene. At the opposite end of the scale, I received some good news – something for my CV – and I was expected to whoop but I disappointed the messenger by accepting the news with the pragmatism that I treat everything with.

The Friday lab class are unlucky, I seem to be in charge of them despite my junior position within the chain of responsibility. I run around trying to ensure the health and safety of the class whilst gaining good results but the staff member in charge sits and watches me. After staring at a dripping tank creating a dangerous puddle for three hours, she rose to tell me off because one of the class was wearing tights and unsuitable shoes. I’m well paid for my endeavours but there’d be less broken glass with a little more support.

Autumn seemed to happen all of a sudden for me and it depressed me, perhaps it took a windy day for me to notice the leaves had wilted and fallen. Autumn should be a slow time of wistfulness in which to indulge. If time would slow, I could concentrate on me, I’m not on a bench reading a book, enjoying a rainbow over the harbour; I’m just dealing with the consequences, and, possibly, wearing a jumper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter