Friday, June 23, 2006

Patrons of Limned Barrenness but with Wrecks,

I have developed a sore throat and feel a bit ill. I don’t get ill because I eat 5 pieces of fruit, take multivitamin and mineral capsules, drink 5000 cups of tea and coffee and eat bar upon bar of chocolate each day. I’m blaming the graduation, I only ever feel ill as a result of being extremely worn down, but I suppose it’s all worth it because my name was listed in The Scotsman, which is of prestige because it’s not The Sun. I suppose parading around in the storm with only a shirt didn’t help either.

I did not eat breakfast. I decided to walk to Leven before the inevitable downpour. I walked via “the dam”, a notorious area that runs alongside the River Leven. I never have seen any incident of the kind that would earn "the green valley of death” this infamy but I suppose I’ve seen the evidence of what might go on when I’m not there. On my way down to the River Leven, I saw two burnt out cars, I was quite surprised to see a Fiesta, probably in the last week, had been added to the Metro – there’s plenty of room for more.

The tide was in when the river and I eventually reached the Firth of Forth. I decided not to walk along the narrow strip of beach left but to take the high-tide alternative path across the side of the golf course. A stray shot missed me by six feet.

I walked back into the town via Silverburn Park, it has nice gardens and animals. I visited Sainsbury’s where I bought a sandwich, a bar of Black & Green’s milk chocolate, 4 passion fruits, 4 bananas and 3 Braeburn apples - I reckoned some of these would help me to feel better.

It rained after I arrived home. Ghana defeated USA 2-1. I listened to My Latest Novel’s album whilst reading. I tried reconnecting the PC speakers in an attempt to get 5.1 sounds –only 4 speakers seem to work – but after trying and failing to record something with the microphone, I think the sound card must be damaged. Of course, I had to eliminate the possibility that the microphone wasn’t working hence I rather immaturely created a 2-minute long radio show on my brother’s PC using the same microphone. DJs really do have a tough job, it’s difficult to think what to say and breathe properly and it’s quite easy to babble nonsense.

There was a very poor episode of Horizon. The programme debated whether Pluto should retain its status as a planet – an inconsequential dispute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter