Thursday, December 07, 2006

Knights of the Gutter,

I have nothing major to report. That can’t be good.

My work was set back last Friday when I pieces of my apparatus were taken from me for use in higher priority work. The break gave me time to see that the work I was doing wasn’t the most appropriate and I’m waiting on delivery of chemicals in order to change path – this will mean another run-in with the man in charge of stores who has a vendetta against me.

On Wednesday, I had to attend an Induction (Part II) session. It made me regret being born. I walked out; I couldn’t concentrate afterwards, when I returned to the lab, because it filled me with anger. Some of the figures from near the top of the university management hierarchy and a lady from a consulting agency were speaking. Their general message was “We’re smart; you can be like us in 3 years.” I couldn’t stop thinking that I, a Methil man, would be worth no more than the dust on the street to them. One man spoke with a degree of elocution that was several notches more elitist than those in the Royal Family. The lady from the consulting agency took the biscuit with the quote: “I don’t like talking to undergraduates very much; they have smaller brains than us.” I was an undergraduate only a few months ago and I haven’t changed much since.

I seem much duller than usual; there isn’t even a decent album out apart from the one by Lee Hazlewood with Baghdad Knights on it for me to comment on.

I think DJ Radcliffe is being silly, he’s just commended Razorlight and Gonzo Borell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter