Thursday, January 18, 2007

Modellers of Smashing Prescription Ears,

I never like being put off by things like snow, it seems that when Scotland receives one day of snow, the public panic and hysteria ensues. I set off when for work when it was quite rainy, when I reached higher ground, it was treacherous. I had to trundle along in third gear, then second gear. It reminded me of KEXP Seattle, John in the Morning seems to be telling us about snowy weather all the time.

I ended up in a dilemma where I wondered if it was safer to continue onwards or return home. I stuck with my belief that we should learn to soldier on. I decided I would try to make it to Cupar or Ceres and have a break there. Despite being halfway marks on my journey, they were distant targets.

It was slippy; I had minor skids and slides. However, the car in front went skidding off the road into a ditch; it ended up nose down with its hind wheels in the air. It was quite surreal to watch as we were all trundling. The driver was okay; he got out and tried to push his car back onto to the road! The car behind also ended up skidding - spinning around 450 degrees. I survived. I made it to work; the roads were clear past Cupar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter