Saturday, March 31, 2007

Lucky Initiators of Sleep,

I used to believe that the worst things about humans was that they needed to eat and sleep. By now, evolution should have lead to a super breed of anorexic insomniacs who would rule the planet. I haven't been hungry all week and I can't get to sleep - it's horrible, it turns out that I can't control the planet after all. Are these the symptoms of illness or what's causing illness? I've felt rather ropy all week.

I bought a haircut, it's good but it wasn't pleasant for me or the hairdresser. I don't know what I'm meant to ask for and they don't know what they're meant to do. It was very boring, the hairdresser was very thorough. I thought about paying double but I would have looked needlessly extravagant in front of the packed waiting room; a queue we were both responsible. I think I might exceed my yearly haircut quota, I've had two and it's only March.

Someone thought that they were a better musicologist than me today. They told me that I'd be dazzled by the weirdness of some Japanese singer-songwriter, but Akeboshi is perfectly normal and quite alright. That wasn't the way to shock me. It made me think about the weirdest thing in my collection, but I wouldn't dare describe anything as such.

Phill Jupitus departed BBC 6music this morning. Their only renegade DJ has gone and now we will be treated to the type of DJ who care more for their livelihoods than the listeners' pleasure and will rigidly obey Playlist Clerk. I can't say that I blame them but I'd rather hear some decent records. There are few winners in the current ongoing trend of being beaten about the head with familiarity; Playlist Clerk (doesn't have to write out many individual royalty cheques, one lump sum to The Gossip will suffice) and the overplayed artist (obviously after receiving royalties). They're trying to control us and to stamp out diversity, because in the end that will save money. Our only hope is the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter