Thursday, April 12, 2007

Heralds of the Birth and Death of a Day,

The world of amateur football isn’t really one that I’ve wanted to be part of. I only opted in as a favour to my brother. It seems to take up a huge proportion of my time and it’s not even all that enjoyable, I feel a bit uncomfortable about arriving on the scene mid-season, when the weather is nice, and displacing hard-working, loyal players (and tonight, brother).

In my first game, I was terrorised in an 8-1 defeat; with his naïve tactics, our manager had offered us up for slaughter. I was allowed another game in the midweek after, it was a 4-1 victory; I filled space. The next game was a 2-0 victory, it was comfortable. Tonight, we were robbed 2-1, a dubious penalty was awarded to the other team when we were winning 1-0 and we finished the game with only 10 men due to injuries, hence the concession of a very late goal. A few more were really struggling; I had to be treated for cramp.

So, I think I will take next week off on holiday. I will use my time to canvass against the SNP. I’m rather pleased to have received a comment regarding my earlier discussion of the election; I’m informed that the SNP have some policies. These must the be the ones that include saying the opposite of what everyone else says, even if it does make them seem silly. If the SNP come to power, we’ll all be doomed. I laughed when I saw that they launched their manifesto from the Wallace Monument; a quality gimmick. There is an excellent view of the meanders of the River Forth from the top. I hope Alex Salmond had time to take it in, he wouldn't have seen much from the car park. Do the SNP have any policies regarding the promotion of live music in the Kingdom of Fife? Will they pledge to improve local radio and strive to ensure that it plays local music? It’s all about improving local pride and self-respect when dealing with human slurry on our streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter