Thursday, July 03, 2008

Negotiators Including Kevin Spacey,

I can’t imagine never expanding my record collection again, although I could probably settle with what I have, Wolves by My Latest Novel and Illinois by Sufjan Stevens alone would do a solid job of appeasing me until eternity. In fact, I have decided to trim my collection for now. I didn’t want to deal with Evilbay, so I’ve tried Music Magpie, I sent off 5 CDs as a trial, I await my cheque, however, on the surface of it, they appear to take the stress out of selling CDs from home. Music Magpie might be becoming a more trendy record shop in the months to come, they’re already boosted by Embrace - Fireworks (Singles 1997-2002), My Architects – Grand Designs, Misty’s Big Adventure - Black Hole, Adam Green – Friends of Mine, and Wrens – Meadowlands.

I bought the Embrace compilation after everyone had forgotten about them, for some reason, I had a memory of enjoying listening to Wonder whilst working in the shop when it was played on Kingdom FM 3 times every hour. After their Coldplay-inspired comeback, I came to call them Embarrass and as such, I can no longer possess a CD by this Radio Double One-friendly bunch.

My Architects had a song on the 6th Music playlist called Airborne. It’s nice, it’s of its geography, Warrington, and it possesses wist.

I liked the idea of Misty’s Big Adventure at first, their songs, as separate, are strong, they have novelty value, they’re zany, they’re energetic, however, the tempo never drops on this album, it wears me out, they waste their own novelty value. I felt this at their gig too; their wacky dancer in the blue bug costume did not endear the band to me either.

I bought Friends of Mine by Adam Green on the strength of Jessica being played on MTV2; that song has a good tempo; however listening back now, the album just seems crass and I never really cared about Adam making observations of celebrity misdeeds.

I can’t even explain why I bought Meadowlands by The Wrens, I don’t know who they are. The purchase may have been a gamble on one of these “Customers who bought this album also bought:” records, I must have been affluent. I now know that the best way to discover new artists is to listen to the radio and buy compilations.

I stand to earn nearly £6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter