Saturday, April 01, 2006

Debunkers of the Quotable Pessimists,

It has been a long time coming, but yesterday I was able to buy some satsuma oranges from Sainsbury's. Eating five pieces of fruit or vegetables is much easier when satsumas are available to the posses and massives. Additionally, through my purchase of satsumas and other grocery items, I earned several more Nectar points to put towards the tank driving course in preparation for the final motions of the "Down With Brown" campaign should they require someone with that kind of expertise.
I went along the East Fife versus Elgin match today and in accordance with the current protests against the tenure of the incapable club chairman, Derrick Brown, I took my place on the mound overlooking the ground. Most of the action can be seen but it's difficult to view any of the action in one of the goalmouths. East Fife were defeated 0-2, this represents another lowpoint for the current regime, to be beaten at home by a team only one position higher in the table is disasppointing. In a season, where the club aimed for promotion to currently lie in 7th position - only 3 teams are worse in the Scottish league - most of the fans have been forced to stay at home, a hardcore following attend the games but take their position upon the mound. Although the spirit amongst the protesting fans on the mound is fantastic, I cannot see them effecting change without a successful business plan, an ambitious but achievable business plan might persuade those who can bring about Brown's removal to back the protesters. I hope they can bring about the demise of Brown because he has certainly committed some hideous crimes as a chairman; it's time to install a new leader who can rouse the local community into a successful relationship that can benefit the club on and off field but also help many of the local businesses, schools and charities.
I wish the circumstances were such that I could enter the ground because Elgin are one of the better teams to watch in the league, they play attractive football, however, it isn't necessarily the type of football required to be successful in the Third Division, which is why they are positioned only 6th. On my way to the match today, I took this picture of the derelict Methil power station. It has not been in use for many years and there are often calls for its demolition, I would be against this; the power station may be ugly, but it is an emblem of the town and I think people would miss its ungiving magnificence on our shoreline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter