Thursday, September 07, 2006

Distant and Recalcitrant, 38p-richer Egomaniacs,

The East Fife Mail review is back after its absence last week. Without precisely knowing the shift patterns down at East Fife Mail HQ, it looks very likely that the best journalists seem to take every second week off.

The main front page story wasn't worth bothering about but they did include a side story to which they could attach a picture. This brightened up the front page and encouraged people to buy the newspaper. There were apparently problems at a sailing competition on the day that it rained.A local convenience store, in which I used to work, has lost its license to sell alcohol for 3 months because under-age customers were sold alcohol twice. It wouldn't have happened under my regime. In essence, the shop owner has been failed by his staff and whilst someone has to be punished, it's perhaps unfair that everyone should suffer because of the mistake of one or two incompetent members of staff.This week's comedic story is about an imbecile who has been arrested, whilst still in fancy dress, for driving under the influence of alchol . I think he should be banned from driving for life and not just a year. He's probably not going to quit drinking so he should be made to quit driving.
The plans for the Fife Energy Park are becoming clearer, I don't actually think Methil has its own wind or wave farm yet. I think they're just going to manufacture the power-generating machinery at Methil Docks for distribution across the country.The dispute over potential ship-to-ship oil transfers in the Firth of Forth continues. Christine May MSP is right, these activities would not be beneficial to Levenmouth and the population of puffins on the Isle of May. For once, the local NIMBYs have good reason to rail against change.
Bridge tolls on the Forth Road Bridge (and the Tay Bridge) are again in the news. Commuters have already paid for the construction of the bridge, now the toll fees are going into the government's coffers. I don't think tolls on the bridge help to reduce road use; they might if public transport was cheaper. As such, they might as well be abolished, although it's not something I feel strongly over. The biggest argument in favour of scrapping bridge tolls is that tolls are no longer paid on other bridges or tunnels in Scotland.
Hooded youths have been blamed for the vandalism of a bowling green. I've always wanted to play football on a bowling green and I recently wore my new hoodie for the first time but there's no connection.Once again, there's no place for me to live. This flat is clearly a corker but it's too far away from my location of desire. I wanted to live near the library and the post office.
I've saved my favourite part of this week's episode of the East Fife Mail for the end of the review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter