Monday, September 11, 2006

Doubters of the Disparagers,

I can tender no explanation. It descends without warning and leaves suddenly. Every fault makes it worse because in this environment, the person or people smart enough to have made the diagnosis are helpless to remedy those problems. I should probably try to keep a record and identify a pattern.

A worrying misconception surfaced when the boundaries were broken. I was shocked that time had not killed this image, but perhaps that’s just what the small town-mentality that I detect and detest is, it never understands what it knows. The subconscious might be as powerful as the conscious.

I had another high-speed dentist appointment. It failed to leave me feeling my teeth were cared for. I always get the rookie dentist at my practice, I’ve seen some horrors. There must be some sort of scheme; I never have the same dentist for more than a year, that was probably the last time I’ll see this one, she has a check-up finished before I’m seated properly. I hate the forced politeness of the receptionist, especially when it requires so much concentration that she fails to carry out her duty.

In essence, an anniversary means the Earth has gone round the Sun once more since something happened. If something’s worth thinking about and remembering, it’ll always be with us. My memory of the WTC attacks is quite vivid. Neighbours was interrupted as live BBC News 24 video of the towers was broadcast on BBC1. I watched in amazement, father, having heard some news on the radio at work, phoned me to ask what was happening. I began work at 2.30pm. I tried to explain to a co-worker what was happening, I’m not sure they were listening to me properly but they replied, ‘What film were you watching?’

Religion has much to answer for, but it’s the politicians who control religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter