Thursday, September 21, 2006

Partible Possessors of Peewits,

I started my studies at St. Andrews Yooni on Monday, I think the tale of how I ended up at St. Andrews is a miracle. It’s not really a miracle but I owe a debt of gratitude to one man who went out of his way to help a complete stranger when so many others ignored me. I’ve got to cover a lot of the ground work in the literature for the first few weeks. I’ve been able to do much of this reading at home which is helpful because I have a bit of a cold. St. Andrews is baby in cot, under a mobile of jet fighters from RAF Leuchars; I find it quite surreal.

On the radio, the Zutons, who are excellent live, keep annoying me. I realised that All the Rage by my new favourite band, The Royal We might just be Everyday People by Sly and the Family Stone. I was cut out of BBC Radio Scotland’s Radio Café in July, in favour of people who suggested that a Proclaimers musical would be a good idea; well, they’re writing a Proclaimers musical to be premiered in Dundee before being sold around the world. On the Mark Radcliffe's show, Noddy Holder did a decent review of the TV programmes I would have watched – the football bungs and the Stephen Fry documentaries - had I wished to succumb to the drivel-box, but Noddy will most likely revert to reviewing stuff like Come Dine With Me next time.

I tried to take a picture of a hedgehog.

I’ve had some bad luck with door handles; first, I broke my bedroom door handle off (the metal rod that goes through the wood split) and today, I snapped the handle on the front door of the house. I haven’t always been able to split metal rods; I don’t know where I’ve found this strength from.

I had my hair cut today for the first time since the grudguation. My hair was fine before the haircut apart from one bit where it kinked nastily around my spectacles, but my haircut is really good.

I bought Amorino by Isobel Campbell and Three EPs by The Beta Band from Music Zone (it’s soulless) in Glenrothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter