Friday, December 08, 2006

Amazed Dodderers Disgusted by Such Effrontery,

I’ve had a decent day. I managed to do all of next week’s work in 10 minutes simply by looking in the fridge. I needed some horrible compound but I couldn’t find a supplier so I planned to make it by myself. I bought in the raw materials to do so, dealt with the horrible man in stores and when I was putting them in the fridge (as they were temperature-sensitive), I found some of the horrible compound which I needed. I was slightly looking forward to doing messy chemistry but that’s the way things are going: random and unexpected knocks and blows from all sides.

I arrived home to find the CD from Kategoes. It’s a home-made CD-R, in a wallet with a home-made cover which is decorated from edge-to-edge with doodles and collage-type images. I know it’s a photocopy but it still oozes personal charm. Inside the home-made envelope with the disc was a small hand-written note. I know it doesn’t say anything overly special but again Kategoes have taken the time to write my name and say “see you in Edinburgh in the future”. Perhaps I’m just sick of snooty people in St. Andrews who don’t hold doors open for me or say “please” or “thank you”, but I’m impressed with the courtesy shown by Kategoes.

I wish I could do more for them; they deserve to be big (although I wouldn’t want them to be, because I am an indie kid), they deserve a session on somebody’s radio show, they deserve people going to see them and they deserve people paying £3 for their 3 track CD-R even if mucking about with scissors, sello-tape and computers will waste some of their time.
A plane landed on a golf course, I hate golf. Golf courses are a blight on our landscapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter