Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Inventers of Needless Discord,

Conspiracy theories needn’t form where fairness prevails.

Was the education system so different 10 years before I was schooled? I witnessed stewards and policemen of ages not much greater than my own victimise spectators of a football match, Celtic versus Dundee United on Boxing Day. I don’t understand where they, as a collective, could acquire the indecent beliefs and opinions that are ingrained in their psyche.

Supporters were ruthlessly and randomly plucked from the crowd and arrested. I know there have been gestures made in political circles with regards to sectarianism but what these spectators were guilty of could not be classed as bigotry or racism. Police and stewards raided the crowd near us nearly every 5 minutes and hauled out more victims. The raids were so random, I could have been arrested and I just watch the match in peace.

An air of hostility and fear was created within Areas 110-112. What frightens me most is that these were not the acts of individual renegade stewards, of which there are a few, but of a collective. What or who is the source of this collective but ultimately wrong attitude? Why was there no one wearing a fluorescent jacket who actually questioned the actions of their colleagues, was there no one with human qualities?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter