Friday, January 19, 2007

Magnificent Sojourners From the Preferable Orbit,

I realised that The Bellyaches has received its first link. That’s international recognition – something shared with Medicins sans Frontieres, the Nepalese Maoists, avian flu, the Hubble telescope and The Edge from U2. All I had to do to earn such billing was commend a terrific rundown of new bands and artists, although, I had heard of a sizeable proportion of them, I did have to make a comment because anyone highlighting the talents The Bellyaches’ favourites, The Royal We, deserves some praise (I hope they release something soon). I may also have to reconsider my position as the number 1 Voxtrot fan on this island if other people are going to write about them, but I’m surely still the number 1 Keith John Adams fan. I suppose being linked to means that I might have to write something better.

I feel like such a numpty because I was sleeping whilst The Arcade Fire tickets were selling out. As The Bellyaches massive will know, I love KEXP and they’ve been playing songs from their new album, The Neon Bible, the songs are of much the same style and quality as those of Funeral – that’s what I want. KEXP were playing the songs before they were allowed to, they covered this up writing “Sweet song” from “A Pretty Sweet Album” by “Videogame Flame” in their online tracklistings. I love KEXP. Other things getting airplay on KEXP at the moment that I really love are songs from The Twilight Sad and Tokyo Police Club.

Finally, I’ve been able to order some CDs, indeed, proper CDs are back on sale as of next week. I look forward to receiving the albums of The Shins (Chutes Too Narrow was my joint-favourite of 2004, alongside From a Basement on a Hill by Elliot Smith), Benjy Ferree (In the Countryside has the most adorable intro and Domino send badges) and another Bellyaches favourite, Robert Gomez. I have also ordered the single/EP, Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine, because it has some version of Trapeze Swinger on the B-side, Mother wants that song, its from some rubbish Hallmark TV show, my Iron and Wine expert informs me that it’s not his best work but I have to show that I have a sense of duty to the family now and again. Incidentally, I can’t understand why anyone would touch Such Great Heights, it was perfect beforehand. These will all be reviewed in good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter