Saturday, February 17, 2007

Narcissists who Would Darken any Memories,

For a while now, a few days at least, things seem to be falling right. Obviously, there’s a limit to how many things can go right, but things sometimes work out.

It’s Saturday, I went into work in the morning. I don’t mind this because in the earlier hours the roads are clear and the journey can be enjoyable, especially with today’s weather. I have a certain respect for people who are up and about early, during the week this is usually because they’re working hard, but at the weekend, they might just be enjoying the morning's atmosphere. They could even be working like me.

At the moment, I think I have to do as much as possible whilst I can and accept that there’ll be dips in productivity. I was exploiting this current peak. The office upstairs was peaceful (apart from the printers which seemed to burst into life randomly despite not actually printing anything), it was golden, until some other student turned up. What ensued was typical of the ethos of St Andrews-goers perfectly, they set up their computer with a webcam, and carried out what I assume was some sort of video conversation, it involved a lot of shouting. There was no regard paid to me or her colleague who had arrived just before transmission, I’m no longer surprised by these bandits. There I was in early in the morning working, there she was taking advantage of the yooni and clowning about. I didn’t let it bother me overly, because I’m on fire.

Downstairs, there was an abnormal gathering of people. I didn’t expect there to be many people around. Perhaps I was being paranoid but I sensed I was being frowned upon when I walked through them on my way to the lab or to the coffee machine. I worked out that it must have been some sort of conference. For what I didn’t know, I thought it was a meeting of some religious group (they gave off that image) and I thought about how best to sabotage their thing. I was going to wait until they plodded off to their sermon and then do something (something hard, like spoiling one of their posters). I went online and found out that they were only medieval enthusiasts, so I then I changed my plan to having some of their coffee and biscuits when they plodded off to their lecture, however they left some people behind to guard their refreshments. Once again, I was a rebel without a cause.

I finished what I had hoped to do on schedule and I rallied back home. There’s all sorts on these country roads at the weekends, last time, there was a tank, this time there was a renegade pensioner on an invalid buggy and there was also a cart full of twits being drawn by horses.

Nothing really great has happened; there was a few fruitful days at work, some nice football and a deluxe edition of The Bellyaches; I’m just in an unreasonably decent mood. This episode can be charted on The Bellyaches moodswing-ometer and analysed before they take me away.

Something quite awful is just around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter