Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ghostly Snipers Evoking Suspicion,

I suspect something major might be afoot this evening.

It’s possible to choose friends but not family. They’re not annoying me in particular, however, there are a few unnecessary, unfair, biased and unhelpful opinions knocking around at the minute.

Telephones haven’t stopped ringing for a variety of reasons this week, even the lab phone was plagued by cold calls for a few days. I resorted to pulling the plug on the phone this afternoon whilst everyone was out, Father would not have been amused. Even this evening, one member of the family phoned up to discuss H5N1.

In my field of chemistry, it’s important to do as much work and generate as many results as possible whilst the equipment is working properly. It’s temperamental and its functionality depends upon a great deal of fortune. My period of fortune lasted two days, I had worked for weeks to attain an optimum system, I managed to get a few results out of it. I planned to continue striking whilst the iron was hot but I arrived at work this morning to discover that the apparatus was no longer working. And so it goes.

Microsoft Office 2007 has been another obstacle to negotiate. Plotting graphs in Excel is a needlessly longer process than before. I’ve yet to investigate what changes have been made to the world’s worst piece of software – PowerPoint.

On a brighter note, I won a copy of Panic Prevention by Jamie T in a competition on the Vic Galloway website. T might be a departure from my usual listening traits, but I reckon T is alright. When artists like T or Lily Allen feature on KEXP, they don’t sound like overplayed, London nimrods, they actually sound like jolly good pop stars. Panic Prevention by T is good, I’ve said so.
This article on recycling was quite interesting.

That major incident that I suspected now seems like just an unusual occurrence, it might have been major incident that has been patched up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter