Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Resolute Budgerigar Heading for Windows,

England. If I was English, I wouldn’t put up with it.

I have returned from another international business trip, the meeting was held in Nottingham, England. The meeting comprised of a vast spectrum of people; some characters therein.

I don’t think that I committed many major blunders. In through the nose, out through the mouth, don’t hit him.

I gave a small presentation on a simple, but undervalued topic. There was a heckler, of whom I dealt with. I don’t fear presenting work to an audience. I don’t mind crashing and burning.

I feel uncomfortable in England. The pace of life is wrong. The volume of life is wrong. The pragmatism that rules Scotland is in short supply.

They do traffic jams in England. We would never dream of this kind of behaviour.

Having said that, I did steal a man’s toast, he accepted my apology. My thoughts when I saw the toast were that the hotel staff would constantly be toasting bread such that toast would be sitting primed in the toaster for guests. Apparently, guests have to wait and toast their own bread. It wouldn’t happen under my regime. In through the nose, out through the mouth, don’t hit him.

I miss Scottish television and Scotland Today, the news in East Midlands seems to be about stabbings, arson in Sherwood Forest and an osprey. The root of their problems might be that the taxi drivers don’t know where they’re going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter