Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Reft Charwomen Displaced by Treadle,

I’m currently in a run of 6 games of football in 6 days, it has rendered my week off work useless. I wouldn’t be so tired if I was 12. It could be 7 in 7 tomorrow.

On my first day back, I felt as if I did not exist, until I didn’t. I was searched for after I had gone home. PhD work can be a lonely beat. My co-workers aren’t really co-workers, everyone does what they do for themselves and I don’t hold a grudge against them for doing so – that’s just how academia is.

My second day was slightly better. I should have overtaken some cars today but I didn’t, I was content to travel at the moderate pace of others. This worried me. It may be symptomatic of an ongoing malaise. I was content to go home from work and wait in for the delivery of a parcel today, I intended to go back to work when it arrived, and I did. I waited for 2 hours, in that time I intended to do some book work. Working at home is a trial, I have to do every silly task before I begin; I washed dishes, washed and hung out clothes, had lunch, laced up new trainers ergo the parcel arrived before I began working. I did do some decent stuff when I returned to the office, but it’s not about that. I also booted a co-worker in a hilarious/not hilarious incident.

SNP still scare me, we’ll have independence in time but Alex Salmon is not a man I’d trust to oversee it. It’s just the big four parties running in our constituency, so I’ll have to vote tactically to keep the SNP at bay. Thankfully, the list vote allows some freedom of expression. I haven’t been approached by any canvassers, it seems most of the campaigns are relying upon the waste of paper. I plan to make more use of my MSP in future.

We’re also in the progress of forming a small computing business. I will be managing director and handle the administration of the business. We promise to offer qualified expertise to local people wishing to upgrade and repair existing data systems.

I’m going to watch television, I know I will be disappointed. BBC Four (a great channel) have adapted the classic novel, Diary of a Nobody into a 4 part series. Behind every filum is a better book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter