Thursday, June 21, 2007

Indulgent Scribes Resting Wrongfully,

I decided to have a day off to visit Embra on Tuesday. It was finally time for me not to have to think about molecules and relieve stress by wasting money on things that I have no longer have space to store.

I was pleased to see that Kirkcaldy railway station now has a much larger car park that can accommodate travellers throughout the day. Before, too many people were missing trains whilst trying to find somewhere to park and then been tempted into driving all the way to Embra.

I stood in the vestibule area despite there being ample seats. Windows in these old rickety GNER trains can be opened in the vestibules. I’ve never liked GNER; their rolling stock is horrible; dated and dirty.

The people of Embra are much better than those of Dundee, those of Dundee refuse to swerve and expect people to move for them, they have very few manners. There were few charity muggers or sales people on the street, in fact, in a role reversal; I approached one of these signature collectors. He was shocked. I had to sign his petition against the scrapping of the Embra tram project. I know petitions are useless but I believe in trams, many other people do, the SNP doesn’t. Trams whizzing about the city would be much better than dirty, noisy buses. They looked alright in Nottingham.

The SNP are also hoping to axe plans for a rail link to the airport which was voted for by the previous parliament. Perhaps the SNP are right to query the merits of this project. The current rail system between Embra and the north has a line that runs right past the end of the airport runway, I think it would make sense to build a new railway station on this line rather than build a new independent rail link.

I picked up a programme for the Fringe festival, but I don’t feel as enthused by stand-up comedy as I have been in previous years. In this current mood, I can’t imagine anyone making me laugh. The process of booking a ticket and expecting to laugh within a designated interval is highly artificial. The best comedy is spontaneous and at the minute, for me, best found in everyday shenanigans.

I bought loads of cheap junk and some sneakers that I may come to accept in future weeks. I was home by lunchtime. I took some junk to the recycling point. I processed some results from the lab. I played football but was not good enough to make up for the lack of technique and fitness of my team-mates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter