Saturday, June 09, 2007

Acceptors of the Yapping Burden,

It was finally nice to see some sunlight today after many voluntarily long days in the lab.

Thursday night brought thunderstorms. I was playing football during some of the earlier ones. During the match, I replied to other players when asked why I chose to use one ball instead of another to take a goal kick, "The other ball is far away". My words seemed out of place. I should have said, "The ither baw is for awa'", but from me, that would have sounded "brutal".
The later episode of thunderstorms must have been hugely intense as there was much debris scattered across the roads in the morning; roads were closed as a result and I had to divert through a small village, which I have never visited before. I introduced them to My Latest Novel. The village must be for the wealthy elite who work but who don’t fancy living in St Andrews; I don’t fancy St Andrews – too much stewdents and tourists.

Thankfully, the Kingdom recovered and I could wear shorts again. Where there’s sun, there’s bogtrotting and where there’s bogtrotting, there’s the Fife Coastal Path. I’d eventually like to cover every section of this monstrosity. Beforehand I would not have labelled it as such but today, I realised what a con it is.

Due to the potential haar on the eastern coast, the short section between Kinghorn and Burntisland was the destination. Within Kinghorn, the coastal path signs were unclear; they seemed to be either suggesting that walkers should head up a cliffside golf course or along the main road. After a mile along the main road, and after becoming tired of being inland, it was decided to make way to the shore, this was possible via a dingy, dog excrement- and nettle-strewn alley between a row of conifers and a caravan park.

The beach between Kinghorn and Burntisland is dry and sandy near Kinghorn. It’s rather expansive when the tide is out, as was discovered, towards Burtisland, the beach doesn’t really dry out, even if the tide has fully receded, thus the choice of route between Kinghorn and Burntisland is stark – inland along a main road or wading along a shoreline. On a warm day and in proper attire, wading is through a thin layer of water is alright. However, the Fife Coastal Path is not really a route that was specifically designed for walkers, the Fife Coastal Path is only a series of stumps and signposts that point walkers around a series of pre-existing, and not always relaxing and picturesque, tracks and roads.

I drank a can of Sprite in Burntisland, it reminded me that I don’t really like fizzy juice.

Once home, I was also reminded that my favourite dinosaur was the stegosaurus. What kind of person likes the stegosaurus best?

Real Madrid only managed to draw with Real Zaragoza whilst Barcelona did the same versus Espanyol. This means that Real Madrid will almost certainly win the best football league competition in the world. I will be pleased if Barcelona doesn’t triumph because I dislike Ronaldinho immensely. His behaviour on the occasions that Celtic has faced them disgusted me and was not fitting of the player many call the best in the world. He put in many dirty tackles, he dived and most unsportsmanly, he spent much of the games trying to have our players booked and sent off. Ronaldinho will never be a great in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter