Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Circuiting Cows of Transition,

On a beautiful day like today, falling in love with St. Andrews is easy, I did that once before but today, whilst I enjoyed its façade, I knew that it possessed a cold heart and that admiring tourists were none the wiser.

I enjoyed lunch from a vantage point above the harbour, I could have stayed there all day with a good book, but I was not dressed for the occasion. The temperature was around 288 K and too warm for my woolly jumper and shirt combo.

Every now and again, I do something that I later regret or feel stupid about. Last week, I went for a haircut, not that anyone could tell, I didn’t really want one so I didn’t have much of one. I’m always charged a different price by the same hairdressers so I’ve decided just to pay a standard fee and any excess could be considered ‘a tip’. The price I was charged this time was very small thus ‘the tip’ part ended up being mammoth and I ended up feeling like an arrogant ‘Loadsamoney’ character for a few hours such is my usually shrewd and modest demeanour. Today, I marched into my boss’s office and started babbling, I have always done this from time to time. I don’t know why, I sometimes think that I reach a stage where I burst with the need for someone to help cultivate ideas. My bosses, whoever they may be, have never been in the mood or shared my urgency during these unannounced arrivals and splurges of thoughts. I’m always sent away with an appointment to come back. I wish I didn’t do it, but I guess it is in keeping with my extreme ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter