Thursday, October 05, 2006

Recovering Pugilists and Stray Tunisians,

Any article that follows the last might appear flippant or disrespectful, that’s how it feels. Some soon-to-be expelled members of The Bellyaches massive might think that he was only a dog, but Simon was a member of the family.

I’ve been finding it a bit difficult to learn how to work the UHV chamber that I will be using and at the same time, learn all the articles about the new chemistry I will be performing inside it. I’m not fully settled yet but it would be easier to bed in if I had my own chair, desk and computer. I thought these things would come as standard. I also was amazed to see that St. Andrews stewdents queue for the use of a computer in their computing microlabs; that never happened at Embra. I want a laptop urgently to avoid any of that, I have never used one before but if I had one, my office could be anywhere once I purchased an inflatable chair. I’ve been pestering people with questions about laptops.

In the meantime, I’ve bought another a medium upon which I can compute my ideas. I could possibly try some “mind-mapping”. I have no idea where I can keep this new piece of kit, perhaps I can set up an office in the shed.

I was informed that Methil was on the news tonight; the OB, from outside the shop I used to work in, was about underage drinking. I never saw BBC Reporting Scotland tonight because I was playing football. There was no point in my participation in the game but I plodded around, I have a had sore back for a week and then I picked up a bad hip knock on Tuesday from an innocuous collision with Brother.

Yesterday, Barnetts Peugeot garage annoyed me. They never called me to inform me that my car was ready after its service and repair; I suppose they were happy leaving me to walk home and to keep my revitalised car just sitting in their backyard.

Partridges are slow to clear from roads because they are not good flyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter