Saturday, February 24, 2007

Intransigent Visionaries Locked in a Nightmare,

The theme of the week in my head at least has been that of propaganda and the major global conspiracies. This was never my intention, I think that my political stances are mostly local and at the moment, they revolve around what would make my life better. I have managed to get toothpaste on my clothes again today. When I refer to a global conspiracy, it’s probably taken for granted that I was thinking about George Bush, his oil pursuits, his 9/11 hoax and his foray into Eeeeraq. If it wasn’t to be George, it’d be someone else, and if it wasn’t USA, it’d be Richard Branson or Tesco. Some colleagues of mine had watched that 9/11 Conspiracies documentary on the BBC and the Loose Change filum, and coincidentally, that David Icke documentary also kicked up as a repeat last evening. Icke-o might make some mad statements, perhaps those are just to catch the attention of the public so that he can broadcast his real concerns. He’s concerned about the so-called “global government” and “Orwellian state”, the problem is that in society there are three main groups: there are the beneficiaries of our current plight – a tiny minority to whom all the wealth goes and they’ve implemented conditions to ensure that continues and then there are the radical people like Michael Moore, David Icke and I’d extend this class through the political journalists and satirists in the meedja, right down to the few people in the general public who know that things are not right and they want change, they spout stuff that probably annoys the most powerful but most regulated and victimised section of society who are indeed the lazy, indifferent masses that allow themselves to governed by the likes of George Bush, his oil cronies, Tony Blair and eventually David Cameron. Mobilising the masses is difficult because the task is left to people who make impassioned yet cumbersome statements (like this one), who will plead for change but also make it seem unachievable and who will come across as nutters. Eventually, even I will have to do something; I think I might start by complaining about waste disposal.

Saturday morning was slow; as always, if I don’t get out of bed around 7am, I’ll take until lunchtime to become ready to take on the world. Come lunchtime, I had decided to go bogtrotting on the Fife Coastal Path. I decided to amble along a section that I had not covered before, from Aberdour to Dalgety Bay. What I actually achieved was Aberdour to Aberdour, I walked from the award-winning Silver Sands beach to the Black Sands beach, there and back is around about 1 and a half miles, which is admittedly pathetic, but I didn’t have the time or the inclination to go inland, as is required if wishing to stay upon the official path after the Black Sands; the alternative route involves swimming – I don’t want to be savaged by the killer whales (I’ll believe the killer whales report when I see one). I like the coast, it seemed quite a busy day on this stretch, parents and children were playing on Silver Sands, it’s only a small inlet with a bit of sand, yet it’s awarded blue flags regularly, I hate blue flags, national parks and all this false conservationism. Some consultancy agency has offices just along from this beach, the building sits just on the shore and looks out to see, it’s not much of a blight on the landscape but if I had to work, I think it’d be great to work there. Out on the firth it was a bit misty, Arthur’s Seat peeked uncannily through. Aeroplanes boomed by one after the other, this south west coast of Fife plays host to the circling jets awaiting clearance to land in Embra. Down on the Black Sands, a couple of men and women picked shellfish from the rockpools, whilst in the harbour, the sailing club members took advantage of the low tide to continue working on changing of the mooring chains with the use of a JCB, they had a nice fire going. On the way back to the car, I saw a big ship. I’ll complete this section of the Coastal Path on another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter