Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fellows at the Indisposition of Injustice,

Attaining success in life will never change from dependence on who you know and not what you know. It’s an ethic that has more than two sides.

I’m arrogant enough to be in the situation where I believe I am better or know best quite often. This leads to disappointment and anger. Quite often this involves an outrageously mismanaged amateur football club. I declared myself unfit for the last few weeks because I’ve had some sort of stomach riddle. I went to an SPL match on Saturday, which was a good match, but I was angered on the way home because I had heard that news from the match of my amateur team – the team selection had omitted the best player from the previous match (he then appeared as substitute and scored 3 goals). Tonight, I was incensed because of unfair criticism of another player. It wouldn’t have happened to one of the manager’s pals. The manager’s best pal is very poor, the worst player in the squad, yet he has started every match and is beyond criticism. Anyway, this is just a football team, such corruption extends to all walks of life, and perhaps being in a football team is a good way of learning to cope with it.

One of the best tricks may be to be ungallant and never stand up for others who are being unfairly treated. Aligning oneself with the victim will usually induce similar treatment, although if enough people rally around the victim, a coup might be on.

In the end, hopefully, the perpetrators will always be punished. Due to their inferiorities, they should fail to complete their task.

I wonder if I’ve ever benefited from having ‘friends’ in high places. I don’t think I have, the guilt would be too much, and I’d strive to better myself whilst I was in the advantageous position.

Another phrase that occurs to me when thinking about these injustices is, “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time”, delivered by Abraham Lincoln, no less.

This is all relevant to my stomach too. I’m not sure if the stomach problem was muscular or related to some bug. Such a diagnosis could only be accompanied with an equally bizarre self-prescription if a doctor is to be avoided. My cure was to remember my lifestyle habits before I was ill and then carry them out strictly. I decided to eat only two daily meals with only fruit, seeds, nuts and yoghurts to be consumed in between. I generally drink well anyway. I’ve had to sit at my desk more often than before too so I’ve tried to increase my exercise. Inactivity or laziness from me has always been a “come and get me, illness”-plea from me anyway. It’s best to soldier through baring in mind something about going easy, stepping lightly and staying free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter